Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Thursday, May 17, 2007

See what I'm up against?

Because I'm a polite young lady (shut up! I am!), I decided it would be very impolite to just ignore the five remaining guys so I pretty much spelt out the situation and sent this email to them all:

Hey Weird Person ,

How are you?

I think I want to be more honest and make sure we have the same understanding here: I think putting an ad in Metropolis in the 'woman wanting men' and THEN expecting people to believe that I was just after friendship was extremely naive on my part. As I think I said, it was a laugh to see what would happen.

The fact IS I'm not after a romantic or a sexual involvement and really am just interested in finding some new people to hang out with, wander around it and go places with.

I've been here a while now and a lot of good friends have gone home, somewhat depleting the friendship crowd - especially regarding those that are not friends in the same company as me.

So, there you have it.

If you're still interested in meeting up to hang out, please let me know. If you don't want to reply then I fully understand - I just wanted to make sure I was being clear and felt that it wouldn't have been polite to have just stopped answering emails.

Best wishes,

Jo.


So, three of the five have emailed me back since last night. One totally gets it and is on the same page as me.

One maybe got it. It's not so clear.

And one absolutely missed the point , and I'm not sure he actually even read the email past the 'how are you?' first line:

Dear Jo,

I'm fine, thank you.
How are you?
Hope all has been well with you.

Before we talk about meeting up,
may I ask how tall are you? (eh? do the heights of our friends now matter or something? I think I missed that memo. Maybe you could send it to me. Oh wait! It means you're really short, doesn't it? Ah!)

And I'm afraid that I am very much interested
in meeting up with your friends in the pics also. (At the time of sending photos out , my computer was a tad fucked and I didn't have any current photos on it, so just sent out what I did have, which had some other people in / you REALLY don't get my last email, DO YOU?)

Look forward to hearing from you (nah, I don't think so.)

Best regards,

Eddie

***************************

Isn't life weird sometimes?!

2 Comments:

Blogger Timorous Beastie said...

Yeah, that's more like it!

8:50 am

 
Blogger Melanie O. said...

Aargh, poor Jo! If I ever find myself single again, I will probably become a hermit. Or a promiscuous woman who only uses men. I'm not sure which. ;-)

Best of luck. At least they keep us amused.

9:12 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home