Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Birthday Post Two

Roppongi. If you want to go to a big, loud club, go to Roppongi. If you want to hang out with lots of Gaijin, go to Roppongi. If you want lots of shops, go to Roppongi. If you never go to Roppongi, you're not really missing out on much, in my opinion. It does however, have a couple of things going for it. One being the Mori Art Museum and the other being the newish National Art Centre. There is also Tokyo Midtown in Roppongi, which I've not got around to yet, but which is filled with shops, expensive restaurants and more art.

Okay, I take it back. Maybe Roppongi isn't that bad.

Anyway, my friend Mostyn and I went to the National Art Centre a few months back. I just love the design of the building. The exhibition wasn't bad either.




And here's Mostyn, in the Vogue Cafe at the museum:

And later:
Of course, Roppongi isn't ALL about art and stuff. There's also lovely places like this:


And this: is this a gay sauna? Well, we thought it sounded like one!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you found a reason to go to Roppongi. I can't stand being there, myself.

Cheers

1:36 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home