Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Nerves!

As moving day approaches part of me is thrilled at the prospect of getting away from the house I'm in now. Three of the housemates in particular are just so noisy when they come in, go out or just move around, that it drives me nuts - especially as it regularly wakes me up... and the other six manage to move around quietly.

The house is old. I won't miss the mice scratching in the walls or the damp and mould and cockroaches in the summer.

I will miss the location. I'll also miss having my own kitchen...

I move on Monday, as I mentioned, I finally narrowed the places I'd seen down to two and, although I saw a couple of interesting places listed on craigslist, just couldn't face seeing anywhere else. I chose the place I wanted last Friday and put down the agency charge - and then spent the weekend not being convinced I'd chosen the right one. Today I'm sure I've chosen the wrong one but I've a feeling whichever one I'd have chosen it'd have left me feeling like this!

It's all about the unknown. I have no idea what to expect of the house and, while I know the general location of the house, I'm not thrilled with having to re-locate myself, find my way around, etc.

But I'm sure it'll be fine. It might even be great.

And I'm looking forward to getting back on with the diploma and with job hunting!

After all - I'm not planning on sticking around that long.

3 Comments:

Blogger David said...

I'm sure it'll do perfectly fine until your major move onwards and upwards.

7:01 am

 
Blogger Timorous Beastie said...

Even if it's not what you'd hoped for, it's only for a few months, so you can probably be philosophical about it. Best of luck.

7:26 am

 
Blogger Jo said...

chees!

7:46 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home