Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Gimme a fucking chill pill, okay!

I'm stressed. I'm not totally sure why I'm so stressed. Could be PMS, but I'm stressed anyway.

My skin has gone really bad. Really really dry. Drier than it's been in ages - very itchy and dry. I'm treating it.

I woke up and had a nosebleed this morning. WTF?

I worked out the route I wanted to take to get to work from my new place. Here to station - left, right, left. Except I was looking at the map the wrong way around when I figured this out and went right, left, right - where the fuck am I? Ended up at another station I didn't even realise I was so close to (my house is within 15 minutes walk of about 5 or 6 stations, conveniently enough. Or it will be once I figure out how to get to them all.) and rechecked my link times and stations as I wasn't where I'd planned to be.

Finally I was about three minutes behind schedule. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal BUT I'd calculated the original times to coincide with a certain bus I wanted to get and missing that bus would be very inconvenient.

Guess what? I didn't miss the bus! I saw it, ran for it and made it.

Only problem was.... it wasn't the right bus and I didn't realise until about 15 minutes into the journey. My head really IS somewhere else these days. Ended up going to the terminal station of the bus and getting a taxi. Except the taxi driver had no idea where to go. This seems a common thing with taxi drivers here: they have GPS but don't actually use it half the time. Various phonecalls later he figured it out anyway.

I met up in the evening with Sharon and Jen... and somehow managed to dawdle down a few wrong turns on the way home.

I'm never leaving again. Except... I send a big chunk of money back to the UK each month. This month I sent that money, paid a whole month of rent on previous accommodation (half of which I'll get back at some stage), paid a half month of rent and a deposit for this place, etc... and payday is on the 12th this month. I don't have the rent money that is due end of this week. In almost 20 years of renting this has NEVER happened.. I'm really hoping the agency are going to be decent about this. There are a couple of possible options if they aren't, but I don't really want to go down either of them.

On the plus side: four more days of work before a ten day break. Cannot wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home