Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Forgotten from last weekend

I've mentioned the nice young people or freaks, depending on your perspective, who dress up outside Harajuku station and stand around having photos taken, as their parents did when their ages, e.g:

http://www.sushicam.com/2003%20Journal%20entries/01%202003/030118/030118.php

or

http://www.pbase.com/glamis/goth_fun_tokyo

I have quite a few pictures too, but haven't quite got around to developing them, let alone putting them up. Oh and they're known as Cosplay (as in costume players, or something like that).

ANYWAY,

last weekend, amongst all the goths, baby dolls, wedding outfits and whatnot, we saw a girl in full Nazi uniform, complete with swastika arm band. Well, full in rubber I think with huuuuge heeled boots. Blame the shochu, I can't remember exactly!!!

Now, I don't know if she thought this was cute, or was just plain ignorant or if it had occured to her friends to say anything.....

I also wonder whether a youth in any other country than Japan would get away with this without being arrested or beaten up.....

3 Comments:

Blogger thephoenixnyc said...

Hey Jo. I have some great picture of the Harajuku girls.

I just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas from New York.

Health, happiness and prosperity to you.

M

7:11 am

 
Blogger Elspeth said...

lets just hope someone points it out to that girl soon!

Hope you have a Good Christmas, they had an artical on the news about Christmas in Japan earlier, some very odd costumes on it :D

2:48 pm

 
Blogger Jo said...

Hopefully, when I get my films back, I'll also have some great pictures of them!

Happy holidays back at ya!

3:19 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home