Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Settling in

I'm sorted about 75% of my stuff in the new place. I can locate most of the things I'm searching for, at any rate and there's not so much more organising to do.

The location is wonderful. The other people who live here who I've met seem really nice. I'm slowly figuring out how to use things and where things are in the house.

But I keep being unable to end up where I'm going. What I mean is, although eventually I've always found a station, it's often been a different one to the one I've been aiming for or I've ended up accidently walking in totally the wrong direction - whilst 'following' a map and without even realising it. This is going to take some getting used to. Remember: bad memory AND no sense of direction and throw in the fact I'm 15 minutes walking distance (taking getting lost out of the equation) to a handful of stations and, well!

I also really miss taking my time on the toilet and doing sudoku there. Really! Shared toilet joys!

(Well, if Timorous Beastie can talk about falling over in her boyfriends wet patches, I can talk about shitting and the joys of sudoku.)

So there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home