Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Friday, July 13, 2007

Favourite Words

Those magic words were uttered to me today: "Your last student has cancelled."

This phrase fights with 'free' 'karaoke?' and 'nomihodai' to be my favourite utterances.

---------------------------------

I've blogged before about the lack of dogs to be seen walking in Tokyo and how it's more likely you'll see them being carried in a bag, or pushed along in a buggy. Well, today I saw a Pug being carried - in a baby sling.

--------------------------------

Crazy Gaijin moment: In Kichijoji today I passed by whole chickens being spit-roasted. I've never seen a whole chicken in Tokyo, let alone one being rotisseried. The only thing missing was the smell. It didn't stop me from stopping in front of it and watching it for a few minutes though.

[I have no oven and wouldn't be able to roast a chicken even if I could find one!]

-------------------------------

After spending a few hundred pounds on clothes in London the other week, I found myself strangely being drawn to Uniqlo this afternoon, where I bought yet more...

Control me someone. Please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home