Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Odd?

Last night I was in an Izakaya (Japanese bar/restaurant) with a visitor to Japan. We were eating salad with chopsticks. She asked me if I thought it was weird eating salad with chopsticks.

I said no, I find it easier and less messy than with a fork.

----------------------------------------

'Paki paki* and cool' - so, this was spotted in a convenience store (and I didn't have my camera on me, although I'll go back to snap it) on a packet of Pocky type biscuits. It was written in English and I took a double-take. FINALLY, I managed to find a Japanese person who could tell me what this means: 'paki paki' means crunchy. Although, apparantly it's also used for a spontaneous person. Who'd have thunk it.

* If you're reading this and are not a native English speaker, the word 'paki' is an EXTREMELY derogatory term in England.

--------------------------------------

I know I've been pretty slack about blogging recently. I'm fine, just been busy and lazy. I'll try and get some more picture posts, etc up this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home