Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Saturday, September 23, 2006

For the girls....

(Boys move along and post something on my Thailand thread, would ya?)

I have discovered the joys of the Mooncup.


I was intrigued by the idea of using such a thing for a while and it particularly appealed to the save-the-planet side of me. Plus the ooo I can save some money instead of spending a fortune on a menstrual lifetime of things that won't biodegrade for a loooong time.

Anyway, it is SO comfortable and SO convenient that I can't believe I never thought of getting one before.

If you still have no idea what I'm on about, it's an alternative to using tampons or pads/liners during your period. You insert it, leave it and, basically, empty it now and then. No more, 'shit I forgot to being enough tampons out with me today, I'll have to rush and get some' or having to either carry a bag into the toilet at work, or tuck it into my waistband or up my sleeve so nobody can see it.

And no more 'fuck, I'm in a public loo, there's no dustbin, what do I do with my soiled bla bla bla' (I will not flush them). You just pull it out, empty it, rinse it (with soap when I'm at home, just water when I'm out) or wipe it with toilet paper if there's no water, and shove it back in.

A couple of things from the instructions intrigued me though: do not use as a method of birth control - er, do people REALLY attempt to have sex while wearing one? How? Look at the picture above? That's the position it's in whilst in you: just HOW could you imagine it would be doable to have sex while wearing it, let alone considering it could be contraception? Takes all sorts I guess and the fact it's printed on the information leaflet would lead me to think someone brainless wonder has actually tried.

we do not recommend sharing your Mooncup with another woman: ew, ew, ewwwwww. Have people considered this??

anyway, it's cool, comfy and convenient and has a cute little pouch to keep it in between periods.

eesh: I just read back over what I wrote, and it does sound a bit like a marketers blurby thing, doesn't it? sorry about that!

3 Comments:

Blogger thephoenixnyc said...

(drops knitting)

3:11 am

 
Blogger Jo said...

lol!

10:33 pm

 
Blogger The Pixy Princess said...

Wonder if you get "Hello Kitty" themed ones?

4:16 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home