Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Come Fly With Me, Let's Fly, Let's Fly Awaaaayyyy

Twice now I've flown on ANA's Pokomon airplane. The thing about this plane, or planes (maybe they were different ones, I don't know) is that the Pokomon-ness is restricted to the huge paintings all over the outside of the plane, the headrests and the postcards they give out.

However...

In the Japan Times yesterday I read an article that made me shudder: Eva Airways (a Taiwanese airline) will be, on its flights to Japan (Fukuoka-Taipei route), using airbuses adorned with (fanfare / bucket please) HELLO KITTY (from Saturday).

Not just on the outside though; oh no. Eva will be Hello Kitty-fying its boarding passes, its cutlery and its flight attendant uniforms.

They hope to increase sales this way.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elspeth said...

I think its hilarious but my eldest musume thinks its great.

3:07 pm

 
Blogger Jo said...

Which? The Pokemon or the Kitty-Chan one? I thought eldest musume didn't like Kitty?

11:38 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home