Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Monday, September 27, 2004

Tick. Tock.

Firstly, why is there no age limit for internet cafe's. There are two kids in here playing computer games. Loudly. Very loudly. But whatever....

I've escaped to the cafe to get myself away from my packing. In 24 hours the flight to Tokyo will be about to take off. I'm hoping I get a lovely check in person, as I'm pretty sure the case is overweight. I did try weighing it, but little scales and big case -- wasn't really going to work was it. I also tried standing on it with the case but it only registered my weight and not the overbalance of case.

Last night had another night of goodbye drinks and woke up bright and early feeling great. For about an hour anyway, then things started sliding downhill a bit culminating in the absolute need to visit the local drive through MacD's. Amazing how much better you feel after a load of cardboard, grease and ketchup.

I've managed to sell and give away most things now and most of the packing, as I said, is done. I didn't realise I had so many clothes though and there are currently a lot of things needing putting somewhere to go with me. It could be a very long night....

And tomorrow morning I've still a few things to do before leaving for the airport. Time really has just zipped by. If I don't get to an internet cafe tomorrow (depends how desperate I am), then the next time I'll be posting or writing anything will be from Tokyo. Eeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Tokyo on Tuesday is going to be 27 degrees and sunny, London 16 degrees and cloudy. The sunset time is SO much earlier in Japan than the UK though. That'll take some getting used to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home