Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Thursday, September 16, 2004

I've Calmed Down Now

I was thinking about the last time I properly left the country (a 27 month stint). I pretty much packed up my stuff into a few huge boxes (much more than I'm leaving this time), packed my backpack, grabbed my stereo. And went. Okay, so quite a few things went missing from those boxes over the time, but there was none of this huge build up and concerns of now.

Therefore, I've decided to just go with it and concentrate my energy on getting things done rather than thinking about everything else.

And I'm in the middle of sorting stuff and placing ads, so I am getting there. Bit by bit!

----------------------------------------------------------

Lunchtime today I picked up my passport from the embassy. VERY exciting. I'm all official now :D

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, 10 days to go. You're going to love it there. Bring warm clothes (Gah, I'm beginning to sound like my mother)
See you on the other side of the world.
x Bella

5:23 pm

 
Blogger Jo said...

Yes, mum!

And get saving to visit me, you!

5:53 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The vacation money is spent on Africa for this year, but I have seen a 'very important' conference announced in Japan next year. I'll try to get an invitation and some sponsering. Who knows, maybe 'they' will buy it.

3:22 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you are well!

4:30 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home