Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Friday, September 10, 2004

The Jakarta Bomb

I don't get it. Surely a death is a death? On the news reports I've been hearing they've kept emphasising that no Australians were killed, with the underlying script being that this would have made it worse than 'just' Indonesian lives being taken. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it, but this is my interpretation and something I've noticed many times before in the media - a sliding scale of importance relating to different nationalities and us Brits.

Actually, on Channel 4's 7 o'clock news yesterday, the story didn't occur until about 7.20, to the disgust of my Aussie flatmates, and it was after the story of some animal doing something.

I guess what I'm really saying is that I won't miss the British media.

And it's grey, raining and dismal today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home