Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Sunday, September 19, 2004

Leaving Party

Tonight I had my leaving party. Now, I hate having parties so I'm not really sure exactly where in the scheme of things I decided it was a good idea.Of course in line with my newly discovered appreciation of GOOD wines, I had a cheese and wine party (as every dairy intolerant person should do!) and I think everyone had a good time.

I managed to only blub once, and it was pretty brief. Please don't tell me to my face you're going to miss me - especially after I've had a few glasses of wine. This is hard enough as it is! Still, it was wonderful so many of the people I really care about made the effort to come along.

My biggest gripe though is, again, how the hell London can call itself a 24 hour city when it so blatantly is not. I'm the only one of my friends that lives in this area of London and everyone had to leave to get the last train. Grrrrr.

A few of the people who came tonight I have plans to see again this week. The rest? I've had lots of promises of people saying they intend to visit me.

Put your money where your mouths are! I want you guys to visit me. Please!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the best!

2:31 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home