Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Little Flowers

One of my students was given some pink washing up gloves as a mothers day present from her 28 year old daughter. I said that, in England, that would be quite an insulting present (and explained why). But she was happy - they had small flowers on them.

Woman, know your place....

And the rest of her day? She cooked and cleaned as normal. I think the point was missed but that's Japan for you.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Pixy Princess said...

In all fairness, perhaps she LIKES washing up? My mother is a chronic washer-upper and coming to think of it, perhaps SHE would like pink gloves with flowers on it. huuuumm, must swing by the store later!

Still, I find all Hallmark holidays pointless and would rather celebrate my mother/father/friend/PA/hunny all the time instead of cramping it in on one day and being a raging ass to them for the other 364.

2:29 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home