Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Always the Last to Know.

I'm the sort of person that would probably be a total embarrassment to my teenage kids. If I had any.

I have NO idea what music is big - anywhere - now. I bought my first CD player about a decade after everyone else. Computery things scare me. I started blogging years after everyone else. And I'm concerned that if I get an IPod, I won't have a clue how to put music onto it. (Hint: I want an IPod, if anyone's feeling generous, what with my birthday coming up and everything....)

Anyway, my latest 'discovery' (as I said, I come to everything later than most people) is downloading from the internet. It is SO MUCH FUN!

Having borrowed Seasons 1 of Desperate Housewives and Lost and being TOTALLY addicted to both, the idea of waiting around for them to appear on DVD was just too much. SO, I bravely ventured into the world of downloading. I've got as far as Episode 20 of Season 2 of Desperate Housewives (HOW fucking good is this series?) and am looking for episode 21 at the moment. I'm sure it'll appear in a few days time. And I'm now downloading the first 6 episodes of Season 2 Lost.

So, are there any other great discoveries, like downloading and IPods, from the last decade that I may have missed out on?

***************** DAYS UPDATE ******************

Today was fun! I met up with one of my favourite students, ate Mexican for lunch, saw 'Libertine' (Johnny Depp - 'swoon'), hit a happy hour in a British pub, went to a Chinese restaurant for more drinking and food, got joined by one of my favourite Japanese receptionists, drank more, went for a quick hour of karaoke (with nomihodai of course)... and got the last train home. A LOT of fun! Of course, the fact they BOTH have a fantastic level of English made it even more fun.

Two more days of Golden Week left now.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Pixy Princess said...

omg.. I LOVE both Lost and DH....
Though being the complete funk that I am I have to watch Lost with a pillow... because they always close their scenes with scary music!

And FYI.... NO ONE really knows the true intricate workings of an IPod... they were designed to render you technically stupid. My coworker just got one and he said it took him a week just to set it up!

6:47 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home