Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Sunday, April 03, 2005

For your Sunday amusement

This is a very old thread on Thorntree (Lonely Planet's bulletin board) about bad English attempts in Japan. It's so funny I thought I'd put it here for you to see.

Of course, this does mean I should mention this website: http://www.engrish.com/ which has lots of silly signs, etc.

And the fact is that sinceI've been here, not a day has passed when I've not heard some silly Japlish/Jinglish or seen something badly written.

Oh and I have a problem with my new camera: it says I can't use it outside of Japan. Will I be in big trouble if seen with it in Taiwan? Still, it has 12 funky settings (It's an Olympus U-40 compact digital - red!) including a FOOD setting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home