Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Rape of dead duck

http://education.guardian.co.uk/higher/research/story/
0,9865,1432991,00.html

You need to paste in the second part of this link or my page goes funny....

Now, I can't help but think the strangest thing about this story is the researcher who spent 75 minutes watching....

Other things in the news I don't get: the 'tradition' in Manila on Good Friday where, this year 17 people were nailed to crosses whilst 'dozens' of Filipino men flagellated their backs with 'whips tipped with shards of glass and blades to atone for their sins'. (source: Japan Times).

My biggest problem with this is that is has become a 'tourist attraction'.

Now, I know there's a lot of sick fuckers out there, but still...

And talking of sick fuckers - am I the only one that's is totally sick to death of the Michael Jackson trial?

Another Easter thingy: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4383243.stm - I'm shocked that I got 8/10 in this quiz. I guess I know more than I think I know. Or I've got a talent with multiple guess.... (reminds me of O'level chemistry actually - er a, b, a, c, let's have another b... I got an 'N'. Most of my class did. Yay for chemistry and insane chemistry teachers.)

Then there's: http://www.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/getarticle.pl5?nn20050319b1.htm - about an unfortunate Japanese woman who was murdered by her husband - for cooking too much. Oh the hardships some people have to endure.

Oh, and the saddest news of all: I've now finished Series Three of '24' and local DVD store doesn't have any series of other shows. Might have to find another store.

And let's round up this round-up with an animal story (hey, I grew up with 'Newsround' - bulletins should ALWAYS end with an animal story) - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4384813.stm - bless!

this is all pretty random today, isn't it? Oh well, that's what you get if you come to my blog....

happy easter, hanami, etc everyone - don't over indulge in the chocolate, sake, etc...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home