Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Fitting In

So, having already sent my first text message many weeks ago - whilst cycling - and of course having a face mask - today I bravely tried - for the first time - cycling in the rain with an umbrella up.

No accidents though it was tricky. I have a long way to go before I can cycle with an umbrella in one hand, text on my keitai with the other AND have my friend/girlfriend/boyfriend perched on the back.

Maybe I'll pass on that though.

These activities are things I'd never do in England, but here we do cycle on the pavement and everyone does these things. (Yeah, yeah, I can hear someone reading this going: 'and if everyone jumped off a cliff, would you?' - the answer is probably, by the way!)

Talking of face masks (for hayfever and colds), I was surprised, this being the land of cute, and all, that I'd never seen a face mask that wasn't white. To my relief (have I already been here too long?) today I saw my first pink one. It may have had Kitty San on it, but I couldn't get close enough to see.

Tonight I discovered the beauty of fresh kiwi and shochu. One word: WOW! And think of all that vitamin c!

And I've started planning Taiwan. Too much to see! And I must get a digital camera to take with me. Something cute naturally....

Oh and Monday morning, before doing a full normal day, I'm doing a spring school with SEVEN five year olds - for TWO hours. Can't wait.

And I am REALLY pissed off about something - A change of something I asked for but haven't got - midly seething might be more to the point - but I don't want to turn this blog into a place to whinge. I'll just be grumpy in silence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home