Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

So.. there was a student...

... that I taught last week. A housewife. With lots of fish. In seven tanks. She spends four hours. Every day. Cleaning the tanks out and feeding them. Bloody insane, in my opinion. Surely life is too short to be spending 28 hours a week looking after some daft goldfish.

Er, it's very cold and windy right now.

Er, er, er I'm having hesitation about going back from a week of mainly kindergarten and offices to full-time eikaiwa (language schools). I'm probably just nervous about what schools I'm going to get though. Although I will miss teaching large groups of small kids and the office lessons too. Surprisingly. And the extra money.... Oh what to do, what to do...

Er - nope. I really am struggling to find anything to say that isn't connected to my health. I'm STILL feeling as rough as. My BONES hurt. My muscles STILL feel week. I STILL have a painful stomach and mouth ulcers and fucking candida. And scars. And my last wound keeps periodically bleeding a bit. Well, if I push it, it does. Oh, and I almost passed out in Shinjuku station today. Doing well apart from that.

Am I being a hypercondriac imagining I have something serious? Or am I just caught up in the MRSA and the symptoms I still have and the side effects of the antibiotics I'm STILL on. (I've now been on a variety of types and strengths of antibiotics since the MIDDLE OF DECEMBER).

At least I don't have high blood pressure, diabetes, cervical cancer, HIV, hepatitis, lung problems or.... shit, can't remember the other things I was tested for over the last few weeks.

And yes. I WAS tested for HIV. And no, I wasn't told beforehand. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can't get an HIV test in England without having counselling first. But that's Japan. Different priorities, I guess. (I think I mentioned they went into reams of panic in the hospital when we thought I might have flu - the tests were inconclusive because I was on so much medication - and wanted to put me in isolation / confine me to my bed - with the curtain drawn / make me wear TWO masks before talking to anyone / not have any more visitors - but MRSA - in a ward with lots of patients weak from a variety of illnesses - no problem to have me running around all over the place. Go figure!)

Enough. I promise to try and stop ranting /whingeing about my health. It's just depressing me quite a lot and it's my blog and I'll rant if I want to... Hell, I don't even want to talk about it to people anymore, it's just so bloody tedious. So my space, my ranting.


P.S. I'm hating this year, so far. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a restart button available?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh, it all does sound quite horrid. Big sympathies to you :-(

And yes, in the UK the Dept of Health "recommends" (which I'd assume means all NHS hospitals would do it) testing for HIV only with informed consent and after having "received information"...

3:31 am

 
Blogger Timorous Beastie said...

You have had a terrible run of luck. I know money is an issue, but Dr Beastie prescribes rest in the bosom of your family/benefactors/NHS. I suspect that working, especially in a job where you have so much contact with kids (and where you get no sick pay), is not going to help. Getting checked in England would put your mind at rest a bit. You could sign on and then go back to work/back to Japan when you've properly recovered.

8:39 am

 
Blogger Jo said...

Beastie - interesting thought but:

a) no family
b) i'm probably not entitled to unemployment benefits
c) i'm probably not entitled to free care on the NHS any more
d) money IS an issue.

But, other than that - good idea!!!

9:40 am

 
Blogger The Pixy Princess said...

You go ahead and rant all you want. Its your blog after all, and besides... keeping things bottled up is no good. Leads to ulcers I hear, and you don't need any more illness.

11:06 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home