Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Sunday, January 18, 2009

A brief whimsical moment...

I remember sitting on the beach on New Years Day, feeling so so happy and thinking that a wonderful first day of the year must be a good omen for the year to come.

Funny how things don't work out, isn't it?

Tonight I finish my antibiotics after a MONTH of taking the bloody things in various forms and strengths. I'm suffering side effects that I'm not enjoying and taking lots of good things to try and counter that. I've spent most of this year in pain or in and out of doctors. What a start!

But now the infection has gone and my system can start to get back to normal. I hope.

Tokyo is cold. Not as cold as it was in December, I don't think, but still cold. My plan for the rest of the winter is to stay in my room except when I have to leave - work, food shopping (but that can be done on the way home from work), etc. And this year is all about studying - and trying to survive the diploma!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home