Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Hue - 1

I spent two days based in Hue.

Arriving in nasty rain as soon as I got to the hotel (Thanh Noi) I asked about trips and booked onto two there and then. So as interesting as I'm sure it would have been to have wandered around Hue, I didn't. I did, however, do some of the main things I'd planned to do from there, namely going to the temples and pagodas along the Perfume River, and going to the DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) and the Vinh Moc Tunnels.

I checked in at 7.45am and was on a moto being whizzed to the boat 15 minutes later (yes, I had got up at 4am). The moto fear disappeared straight away and I've done a zillion of them since. The cruise was nice and relaxing, although it was raining most of the time. Still, I had my wonder cape, which lost one arm so I bought another wonder cape. The people on the trip were good fun too although it was a bit of a shame the people running the tour weren't able to give us any information about anything.

We stopped several times to see the wonderful Thien Mu Pagoda, the mausoleum of King Tu Duc, Hon Chin Temple, the mausoleum of King Minh Mang and the mausoleum of King Khai Dinh. One of them we decided to not go into and just walked around the outside. I don't remember which one though! We had lunch on the boat and got back to Hue for around 3pm. I had a wander up to the cathedral but it was raining heavily and I was pretty tired, so I got a moto back to the hotel. Oh, and two of the places we visited we had to be biked to and from, so from being afraid, I actually ended up having six of them. Good fun.

There were interesting restaurants I wanted to try in Hue, but I just wanted to go and collapse. Plus the next day was also going to be an early start. After eating in the hotel restaurant I ended up having another massage and a little steam. The masseuse got up on the table. I've never experienced that before.

I slept well!


Post a Comment

<< Home