Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Monday, December 12, 2005

Is it tasteful?

Help! That ever-thinning line of what is (by my standards) nice and tasteful and what is utterly tasteless and tacky has been blurred.

I'm increasingly looking at things now and thinking, 'that's nice' or 'that's cute', and then thinking, 'would I have thought so if I'd seen it in the UK?' And my answer generally is, 'I don't know'.

I no longer know what is tasteful and okay and what isn't. This are increasingly just becoming 'cute' or 'pretty' now. This is so bad. I mean, really really bad.

Isn't it? I am now, officially, clueless.

To clarify things further, items I KNOW I would have disliked 15 months ago, now don't seem so bad.

Help!

5 Comments:

Blogger Y said...

Do you need a fashion intervention?

The same thing happened to me in San Diego. I found my sense of style changing and I was wearing things I never would have worn back east. Don't worry, I think it happens to all of us.

But if you start wearing leg warmers, I might be forced to fly over there and stage an intervention!

2:11 am

 
Blogger Jo said...

I own three pairs of legwarmers. Tokyo apartments are cold.

12:01 pm

 
Blogger Timorous Beastie said...

What sort of things are you talking about here?

5:45 pm

 
Blogger Liisa said...

Chihuahuas?

7:45 pm

 
Blogger Jo said...

no. i still don't like chihuahuas.

all sorts of other things though...

12:20 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home