Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Quick Update

My throat and tonsils feel tons better, though both are still quite swollen and sore. I think the Bailey's may have done my trick. A friend told me Maria Callas used to swear by it. He didn't clarify if she swore by it for sore throats, or just swore by it though...

____________________________

One of my JHS students came to the class last week with a heavily bandaged finger. It had been broken, and her arm fractured, earlier that week whilst playing dodgeball, in a PE lesson, at school. In the same game another student ended up with a broken arm and two were hit in the face. Now, if this was the UK I could see the governors going mad and insisting it were banned from the school because it was dangerous. A bit like British Bulldog was in so many schools back in the 80s. Or at the least swapping to a soft ball (remember those big sponge ones?). Instead, they've been told to be 'more careful'. Yeah, right.

__________________________

I finally got around to updating my blogroll links. I'll be adding more pictures to my photo site in next day or so too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home