Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Monday, August 29, 2005

Violet, You're Turning Violet*

* line from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, in case you don't recognise it.

Purple. This is a good strong colour. I have a couple of bits of clothing in purple and think it's a bright, sunny and friendly colour. Lavender and violet though are not good colours.

I have a student who is known, by far too many people, as 'purple woman'. She oozes lilac/violet. Today, for example, she wore a lilac shirt over a lilac t-shirt and had a large lilac bag. BAD, BAD, BAD.

I don't think she realises it also makes her skin look rather violet.

She's not the easiest person to 'teach', but she likes me. This isn't necessarily a good thing. She won't use a text book or any sheets and will only do 'free conversation'. Now whilst, as a teacher, this is good because it means I don't have to prepare anything, I also have to put up with her moaning that her English was better 15 years ago and her whingeing that her grammar is crap, but she won't let me help her to make it any better. And sometimes I really just don't feel like talking... Oh well, it's only once a week.

__________________________

After my NOVA rant (reminder: I do NOT work for NOVA), we had a meeting today and, thankfully, I won't have to pay anything. This is a massive relief.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well thats good you now have ¥30,000 extra a month than you may possibly have had.
And of all the crazy fashion in tokyo and your confused as to why someone wears lilac lol.

3:28 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home