Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Home, sweet, messy home.

I'm back!

Hong Kong, in addition to Marks and Spencers, and all the English brands I hadn't realised I miss, had a WHSmiths. I saw English newspapers and English magazines. Not newspapers IN English, but English FROM England. By 'saw', I mean 'saw'. They were all firmly wrapped in plastic.

And pharmacy things. So many pharmacy things that I used in the UK but cannot find here in Tokyo. The bag of pharmacy things I brought back weighed a few kilos, and thankfully, customs didn't feel the need to poke into every tub, tube and bottle in the bag. Guess I look too daft to be seen as suspicious. Happily I'm now stocked up for about the next 9 or so months on some of the things.

8 Comments:

Blogger Liisa said...

Welcome back to Tokyo.

9:43 pm

 
Blogger Jo said...

Thank you!

A thought: how about arranging a mini-pissup; you, Timorous Beastie, me, any other Tokyo bloggers that want to join. Are you game?

12:19 am

 
Blogger Liisa said...

That would be fun!

12:43 pm

 
Blogger RAV Jr said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:34 pm

 
Blogger RAV Jr said...

is it exclusive for tokyo people only? how about us in the outskirts of japan? like hokkaido...

1:34 pm

 
Blogger machiruda said...

Isn't there a semi-regular Tokyo bloggers gettogether? There should be some info on the Japan-ring website, I think...

6:36 pm

 
Blogger thephoenixnyc said...

okay, now i want to know what liisa said

welcome home jo

2:34 am

 
Blogger Jo said...

JET? And risk being shoved in a rural area? Hmmmmm!

Give Tokyo a go!

9:50 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home