Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Cuddly radish, anyone?

Daikon's are large Japanese radishes. Today I saw there is a whole range of cuddly daikon things available - from daikon mobile phone holders, to cuddly daikon toys, holders of various things, purses, etc. Oh and non-cuddly daikon key chains, of course. I resisted the urge to buy any cuddly daikon products.

______________________

I saw a girl at the station this evening. Over her t-shirt she wore a bikini top. Whatever.

______________________

I'm currently trying to remind myself why I like Japan. I'll get there. Hopefully.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

Hang in there, hon. Everyone has the post-holdiay blues when they come back from somewhere fabulous. You will get back to loving life in Japan again - just give it some time.

12:40 pm

 
Blogger Timorous Beastie said...

If it's any consolation, Beast and I felt the same after coming back from Hong Kong, where everything seemed to familiar and comforting, yet at the same time exciting.

9:57 pm

 
Blogger Jo said...

Cheers guys. And Beastie - did you miss my suggestion that you, Liisa, me and any other lurking Tokyo bloggers should go for a drink sometime?

10:28 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home