Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Cheat!

Six year olds cheat. It`s quite funny. Especially when their peers realise they`re cheating and they try to deny it....

But anyway, I`m loving my classes, though the preparation time is massive. Most days I have about nine different classes and am really struggling to do all the prep before the classes start. Meaning I`m doing it after work in the evening and on days off.

By after work I mean late. Typical working day: get up between 9 and 10, brekkie, shower, etc. Around 11am leave the house (the schools don`t physically open until midday). Get to the school and do an hours preparation before, normally, having first class at 1pm. Continue teaching until between 8.30 and 9.30pm, with some breaks if I`m lucky where I can do more prep, queue tapes, etc. Clear up and leave the school between 8.45 and 9.45. Depending on which school I`m in it`ll then take between 40 minutes to just over an hour to get home. Get and eat food, relax. It`s often getting onto half eleven by this time. Sort out things for next day, maybe watch a dvd. By 1 to 2am feel ready to crash.

I`m tired!

I`m starting to really miss people now. Although, to be honest, I have no time to see people. Of course people I do meet here seem to all have different days off from me at the moment, or to live a long way away. But it is still early days.

And I`m longing for a bath. A real bath I can LIE DOWN IN with a book and a large glass of wine. My bath is less than 3/4 size. My knees just about reach my chin if I get into it. So I guess it`s showers all the way, until I start going to Onsen`s...

And please someone take the rain away. It`s been pissing it down all day and -- this weekend another typhoon is due. Just great!

I had loads of plans for today - my day off. They got aborted.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

japanjo@gmail.com

10:48 pm

 
Blogger Elspeth said...

I always have probs with baths being too small, i end up putting my feet on the wall. Not the best position but its a start.

10:49 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home