Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Monday, December 01, 2008

A Lovely Weekend

All in all, rather random, but fun...

After work on Friday met up briefly with the lovely Deanne - to return a hoop I'd borrowed in April and really not used as often as I should have done. It was lovely having a quick - albeit very hurried - catch up... and having the hoop sitting in the school all day had got a few curious glances... and a couple of receptionists demonstrating their hoop skills to me!

Friday nights have slipped into a bit of a Footnik's in Ebisu tradition with Kate - mainly out of convenience for where we're both working. Got very very drunk of Friday (not a good move as I have to work early on a Saturday) thanks to the very amusing company of some English and Aussie lads we met in there.

I love my Japanese and foreign friends, but sometimes it's just so nice to not have to worry about the speed you speak, or the language you use or to have to be sensitive to someone maybe not understanding you. Do you know what I mean?

Anyway, staggered home on the last train and survived Saturday in tact.

Saturday night was a nice quiet one watching some episodes of Friends and drinking with a housemate. It's been years since I've watched any Friends - I'd forgotten how funny they are.

Sunday was taken up with eating and drinking... firstly I went to a house warming party in Tanashi where we were overfed and the alcohol was bottomless - oh this was at lunchtime, by the way. Caught up with some old friends, had a lovely time and scored some more free dental treatment and an invite to share a private box with some friends - for free - at the horse races in February. Am VERY excited as I've never been to the horses before. Did go to the dogs a few years ago - with people from work - and we had an awesome time.

After that, Akane and I and our bloated bellies, moved onto Shinjuku for a surprise birthday party for Sue and Yuko in a really nice izakaya were we cooked our own food at out tables - I gave myself the day off from not eating meat as I figured it'd be too difficult to survive both locations without doing so. Of course, it would have been easy to avoid - but whatever....!

The 15 of us then went out into the street - to take lots of group photos and eat cake. Yes, of course we got some weird looks - but more people just ignored us!

A quick hour of karaoke later - and we all went off home!

Today's been pretty lazy. I had an interview for the diploma course - more a formality than anything else as I was down to do it anyway (I think!) - I was expecting a nice friendly 'chat' - but it was quite a bit more hardcore than that... and I could sense a list of questions being ploughed through.

And now? Now it's time to get my act together and go and pick up my India visa. Yay :D

1 Comments:

Blogger Caro said...

Totally know what you mean about speaking English with natives - it's relaxing sometimes.

11:15 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home