Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Random Musings

Two weeks tomorrow (Thursday 20th) I'll be off to Thailand. YAY!!! AND I got a bargain flight up to Chiang Mai for 1,180 baht (about £18) - including taxes, etc.

The 'plan' such as it is stands that I'm in Bangkok from the evening of the 20th until the morning of the 22nd, when I'm flying up to Chiang Mai, busing it to Chiang Rai straight away and hanging out there for the day. Early next morning, I'm heading to Chiang Khong to cross to Huay Xai and then spending the next couple of days heading, by boat to Luang Prabang (making it about the 24th/25th, I guess).

After I don't know how much time in Luang Prabang, I'm not really sure what, where or when but I think I might stick to the north - Vientiane, Vang Vieng, etc. I need to do a bit more research. But no hurry there.

If you're going to be around, let me know where you'll be and let's communicate by email.

--------------------------

The world is a beautiful place at 6.30am, with the light bouncing off the yellowed leaves and making them gleam.

The trains are not so busy at 6.45am either. Almost pleasant in fact.

Thing IS, I would much rather be sleeping still than experiencing these things, which I do every Wednesday as I trek to teach an 8am business class.

---------------------

Talking of trains: I think I've got used to the rush hour now. It doesn't bother me as much as it did.

---------------------

I don't know if it was the effect of the diet (which IS totally back on track again now after Saturday nights 'little' slip-up, but my period [sorry, but it's my blog so, bla bla bla] came almost a week early and, boy, was I in a foul mood last week. I've never had PMS at the same time as my period before.

---------------------

P.S. How much fun can YOU have for 210 yen? (£1) - The other day I went to the 100 yen shop and bought a box of water colour paints and a pack of sheets of painting paper. Ooooo I had fun this evening. For about an hour anyway. Now I don't have an artistic bone in my body - creative, yes but artistic - no. Although I can surprise myself sometimes. But there is something so nice about creating something for the hell of it that nobody will ever see and which will end up in the bin anyway, but it's the doing it that's the fun part.

I used to muck around with charcoals for the same reason. Very therapeutic, very mucky and very satisfying.

Ditto colouring books. I adore colouring books, papier mache, play dough, making collages, making jewellery, taking photographs, writing...

Only thing IS, I keep forgetting I like these things. Often for years on end. DOH!

And, I used to LOVE doing craftsy things with the kids here that I used to teach.

3 Comments:

Blogger Oman said...

nice blog. i had fun reading it. have a nice day.

8:56 pm

 
Blogger Sigsy said...

Thanks Jo!
Sounds good and a bit scary as well, but I guess it takes some getting used to. todday I had, in addition to my usual food 2 pints of Guinness and half a Terry's chocolate Orange.
I hear you about teh packaging. Not only does prepping things from scratch get you healthier, it is also environmentally friendly!
We have a compost bucket on the balcony and we also plant seeds from the fruit and veg we eat, just to see what happens. Not much on a tiny balcony, but still, it makes you think of food in a different way. Like when I chuck away a handful of seeds, I see many plants and future fruits being thrown away. we dry and save them so that we have a store in case of apocolypse.
Really.

12:23 am

 
Blogger Kristen's Raw said...

I LOVE COLORING!!! I love playing music, coloring or painting and just letting my mind be...

Lovely!

3:55 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home