Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Little Miss All or Nothing

That's me. Little Miss All or Nothing. After a month of feeling good after everything I ate tonight I went and blew the lot, so to speak.

Two mates had a birthday thing in a Mongolian restaurant. I uhmmed. I ahhhed. I was convinced there'd be enough salads and things to keep me amused. BUT you put food in front of me and I'll eat it. THAT'S my problem. And I did. Starting with fried, greasy vegetables, moving onto fried, greasy noodles, and topping it all with lots of red meat.

I can't actually put into words how ill I felt. AND it's not like I'm so stupid as to not have KNOWN that would be the result of eating that way. Heck, I didn't even drink that much - just a couple of shots of vodka and an apple shochu - and then soft drinks after that. Can't believe what an idiot I was. I certainly learnt this lesson.

On the plus side, I did have fun, although I felt embarrassed, yet again, at my total inability to communicate or understand Japanese after having been here so long.

The restaurant, in Otsuka, was fun. Everyone was seated on low tables on the floor and about half the customers had donned Mongolian robes and hats, as supplied by the restaurant. One of the restaurants staff or owner or someone, kept wandering around giving away shots of vodka to everyone, and making men strip off and put on Mongolian wrestling outfits - and arm wrestle with each other. It was a noisy fun place and very brightly decorated, albeit a tad too smokey.

I AM annoyed at myself though that I wasn't more sensible though. I mean, it's not as if anyone was forcing me to eat it, was it? GRRRR.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola Jo,

Good morning to you, just sent from Brazil.
I liked of your blog, and I noticed that you are very sincery.
With my best wishes desiring a good sunday.
Geraldo
My little space is at this URL:
http://www.geocities.com/geraldom3

6:15 am

 
Blogger Jo said...

Hi Geraldo,

Thank you!

10:43 am

 
Blogger Sigsy said...

Hey Jo

Never mind eh?

I would love to hear more about the raw food diet you are doing and what it means to you in a day. Like how do you prep and what do you do for lunch and dinner and breakfast. How dies your day look on this thing? COuld you Blog it? I would love to hear that.

S

11:15 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home