Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Saturday, October 20, 2007

"I don't want to do any more."

This is what a student today told me today and continued to say she didn't want to spend her English lessons doing readings... or thinking....

?????????????????????????

Same student had my lesson straight after another teachers' last week. She got pissed off when I asked her how her week was... because the other teacher had already asked her that.

Some students are VERY hard to please.

Oh - just to clarify - above student isn't one of my 19 year olds. She's a 30 something from my Saturday school.

--------------------------------------

"I picked up a German on holiday." - this week, I had the dilemma of whether or not to explain to my 19-year olds what this means. I decided it was easier to not have to get into the difference between 'picking up A German' and 'picking up SOME German', and merely circled the error.

-------------------------------------

Baring in mind that for three years I got up 4 days a week at 10am (Saturdays were always earlier) and the new job/s are requiring me to get up at either 6, 7 or 8 am generally, depending on the day -

I actually woke up one morning this week at 7.45am and thought 'yay! i can have a lie in'

Oh how things have changed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home