Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

To Sarah and Marcia

Dear Sarah and Marcia,

As you BOTH emailed this to me I thought I'd answer on here. (Generic comment to each question: ONLY FOUR????!!!!)

A) Four jobs I've had in my life:
1. English language teacher
2. Nanny
3. BBC Production Co-ordinator
4. 'Expert' at a wine museum

B) Four movies I would watch over and over:
1. Grease
2. Love Actually
3. Spirited Away
4. Dirty Dancing

C) Four places I have lived:
1. Tokyo
2. Paris
3. London
4. On a farm in Cornwall

D) Four TV shows I love to watch: I can't watch decent shows here BUT am DVD'ing and downloading stuff, so current list would be:
1. Lost
2. 24
3. Desperate Housewives
4. Absolutely Fabulous (Yes, I KNOW it's ancient: but I'm ploughing my way through all the series (again) at the moment)

E ) Four places I have been on vacation:
1. Vietnam
2. Hong Kong
3. Guatemala
4. Israel

F) Four Websites I visit daily:
1. http://www.yahoo.com
2. http://www.bbc.co.uk
3. http://thorntree.lonelyplanet.com/
4. My blog and a variety of other blogs

G) Four of my favorite foods:
1. Ice cream
2. Sushi
3. Chicken
4. Pitta bread (preferably stuffed with humous, falafel, olives and salad)

H) Four places I would rather be right now :
1. In a hammock on a quiet beach with the sea lapping and no other noise. I'd have a big straw umbrella over me, a book in one hand, and a cocktail in the other
2. On holiday. Anywhere
3. Having a lovely massage
4. On a round-the-world pop-into-visit-friends tour!

I) Four people I think will respond:
1. No idea
2.
3.
4.

BUT I'm throwing this out to Liisa, Beastie, Antonia, Jules and Jules, Melanie, Ben, FashMagSlag, MrTeacher, Jayne and anyone else that's actually reading this post.

Go on. You know you want to. Fill up my little comment box. Pleeeeeease!

8 Comments:

Blogger Liisa said...

Here are my top fours. I wrote this in January, but answers are still accurate.

8:38 am

 
Blogger Jules said...

Done!

http://dragongirl76.blogspot.com/2006/07/four.html

10:55 am

 
Blogger Timorous Beastie said...

I did this too: http://timorousbeastie.blogspot.com/2006_01_01_timorousbeastie_archive.html
Am slightly suspicious about the fact that both Liisa and I have been cheese sellers AND translators.

11:52 am

 
Blogger Julia said...

Thanks hon, just stayed back to do it - fun!

3:47 pm

 
Blogger Jo said...

beastie - your link doesn't work.

10:35 pm

 
Blogger The Pixy Princess said...

Good Grief! These forwards really DO get around!
I've had about 5 people send this one to me in the past week.
Couldn't be a*sed to actually complete it... but I did like reading the other replies!

PS: Did you hear about Sanchia's stange adventure/ mishap in the mountains??

2:38 am

 
Blogger Jo said...

nix - yes i did!!! poor love!

11:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Ben J:

four jobs
1. Ledger Clerk for Orange Phones
2. Working Front of house at Bristol Old Vic theatre.
3. Runner on Harry Potter III
4. An Assistant Director on numerous TV Dramas. Strictly speaking this is many more than one job.


four movies
1. The Insider - a great movie with Russel Crowe about the cigarette industry. Much better and more moving thanit sounds!
2. Seven. Fab. David Fincher knows how to create great tension and character.
3. High Fidelity. Great for anyone who knows an unreasonably large amount about pop culture. Like me. Possibly.
4. Mary Poppins. Just because.

places I have lived.
1.Bristol (as a student)
2.Hammersmith (with Jo)
3.Epsom (with my wife)
4.Edinburgh (until I was 4)

TV shows
1.The West Wing. Possibly the best, most fun drama I've ever seen. Beats any UK drama hands down.
2.Have I got news for you.
3.QI - if only because of Stephen Fry.
4.Band of Brothers. A great min-series about WWII. Stunning and moving.


places on vacation
1.Russia (as a teenager)
2.Morocco (as a teenager)
3.Thailand (my honeymoon)
4.Norfolk - many wet holidays as a kid.

websites
1.bbc.co.uk - great for news and music, and life in general
2.gmail. I can also recommend Google earth!
3.hlcomic.com - a comic derived from a computer game, Half-life2. I know it sounds geeky, but its actually very funny, and not only about the game itself.
4.jo-in-japan

foods
1. Philadelphia. The soft cheese product. Not the place. In fact, any good soft French cheese. Great with bread. Or crispbread.
2. Olives
3. Ice cream
4. a good steak - a great treat to enjoy sparingly.

places right now
1. At home. Big glass of wine and a book.
2. An art gallery / museum. Somewhere improving.
3. Anywhere with mountains. Possibly even doing some skiing.
4. U2's Zooropa tour Circa 1990. Maybe Wembley, where they brought Salman Rushdie onto stage. I'm not sure this quite counts though.

respond
1. I don't know.

6:28 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home