Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Friday, July 08, 2005

huh?

Sometimes my students make so little sense I don't have the heart to tell them I have no idea what they are going on about. So, I sit, nod, make encouraging noises, and they ramble on until I can figure out how to shut them up / change the subject /focus them.

If they could read my thoughts they'd be getting:

"What the fuck are you going on about?" or
" I have NO idea, whatsoever, what you are trying to say to me." or
"Please get to the point. There must be a point, mustn't there? Can we just get there, please? This is painful. Oh ho hum [nod, make encouraging noise], what shall I have for supper? damn my room needs tidying. Must remember to blog about that funny thing I saw this morning." [nod, make encouraging noise].

Luckily, I don't have many students like this and they need to be a certain level to obtain this skill of pure waffleness.

2 Comments:

Blogger thephoenixnyc said...

If I had a dollar for every time that happned to me in China...

7:49 am

 
Blogger thephoenixnyc said...

If I had a dollar for every time that happned to me in China...

7:49 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home