Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Friday, May 06, 2005

Random

Just a couple of random thoughts on a rainy Friday when I should be doing some of the things I didn't get around to finishing yesterday.

Firstly, that it's raining. Great. So much for a day of washing.

Secondly, the British election. So, Tony did it again. I have to admit not following any of this since coming here but I understand now he's been voted in he's retiring soon, or something? So, in fact people have been voting for someone else? Needless to say, I did briefly consider sorting out a postal vote from here, but decided that I couldn't be arsed, quite frankly. I mean who would I have voted for? Lib Dems, Greens, Monster Raving doodahs don't stand a chance sooooo - as a young kid Labour were in power ("old" labour) and so I was too young to really know what they were about. Under 11 years of Thatcher I saw my education being fucked up - one text book between 5 kids, anyone? And I wonder whether she is a direct result why so many of my generation are clueless? When I first got to vote then, labour seemed the only choice - better not the devil you know and all that. I wasn't thrilled with them but when it came to the next election I figured it'd take more than one term to unpickle the fuck ups achieved by Thatcher - and now? I'm clueless. I don't like what I see, but I don't think it'll change any time soon. Better to just stay out of the country and keep my head in the sand over this one.

Thirdly, I have a birthday coming up again. I'll be 34. I don't feel 34. I don't act 34. Can't I just stop time for a bit?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home