Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Have you seen my sense?

I am a ditz. Have I mentioned that before? Last night I outditzed myself at the expense of a VERY expensive evening out.

Simply put, I was distracted, withdrew 20,000 yen (£85) from a convenience store ATM - and forgot to bloody take it with me.

Even stupider was not realising until some 5 hours later when I went to take money from my wallet to pay an Izakaya bill. We went back in to see if it had been handed in - remember, this is Japan - you expect things like that to happen here. But they knew nothing about it. I'm going to try them again today and also the bank to see if the ATM maybe took the money back in.

But I'm really pissed off. I really can't afford to be losing that sort of money. Fucking ditz, ne?

-----------------------------------

Even more shocking though was that after consuming quite a bit of alcohol, and sleeping for 6 hours - I actually got up - AND WENT JOGGING - not for so long but (and I am 'so' unfit) I did it at a jog two minutes, walk one minute pace mainly. I'm going to try and do it every day! (ish)

I'm still in shock but feel great for it. I'll probably fall asleep infront of my 3 year olds later - but for now, it's all good!

Updates:

We phoned the convenience store. The money wasn't there and the type of ATM's they have there don't swallow the money back if you don't take it. So, someone is wandering around 20,000 yen happier, and I'm kicking myself for being such an utter ditz.

My energy level started plummeting this morning - even though I'd been fairly productive before it did - and I ended up going back to bed for an hour before leaving for work! Still, the day was okay, so it's all good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home