Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Monday, November 13, 2006

Always something?

I've made no secret about being a bit run down with all of these six-day weeks I've had since the middle of July with the certTESOL, or of how stressed I've been at times and the odd coughs and colds I've caught during this time, or the tiredness.

Anyway, last weekend I developed a small cold that ended up with an ear infection a couple of days later. I then found, behind my ear a stud-earring sized lump / mole / wart / cyst / something. And it's sore. Of course, that could be because I keep touching it.

This leaves me with two choices: see a doctor or don't see a doctor.

As everyone who knows me knows, I have an extreme dislike for seeing doctors and will let things clear up by themselves whenever possible. I especially have a distrust for Japanese doctors, after having listened to my students stories.

So, do I swallow my fear and go and see one that may send me for tests I don't need or give me treatment I don't need?

I hate to say this, but like everything else it comes down to money. I've emailed my insurance company to check they would cover everything for this kind of problem. If they say no, well, I guess I'll just live with it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Timorous Beastie said...

If you decide to go, Timorous Beast can recommend a doctor who speaks a bit of English.

7:04 pm

 
Blogger Jo said...

"a bit of English" isn't really good enough, I'm afraid! If I go it has to be someone 'I' can communicate with.

But thanks!

10:27 pm

 
Blogger Sigsy said...

Tokyo Medical Centre opposite Tokyo Tower. They don't take Japanese insurance, but you can claim back on private. Very nice British Doctor there - Dr Yeboah. Female, approachable. ALl the docs there speak English and I have nothing but good things to say about the staff. Couple it with a trip up Tokyo Tower and be amazed as you heal...

12:12 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm a doctor. Steady on !

1:18 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home