Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Saturday, November 11, 2006

What is the world coming to?

This evening I almost jumped out of my skin whilst cycling home from the station, hands nicely nestled in newly bought gloves as it's now so freaking COLD in the evenings.

Cycling here takes a LOT of concentration as Japanese cyclists don't pay a lot of attention and come screeching out of side alleys and lanes and appear on the wrong side of the hill or road or pavement frequently.

Anyway, this evening, my body seized up into tense-ready-to-break mode as I saw the shadow of a bike about to come hurtling into me from a small side alley.

The fucker who nearly hit me?

My own shadow.

Now, I'm not saying I'm a ditz or anything but....


----------------------------------


Here's a drunken picture from last weekend with a couple of mates for you to enjoy. I'm the drunken bint in the middle. Cheers!


5 Comments:

Blogger Liisa said...

It would have been nice to be there for a drink with you! Cheers from the other side of the world.

1:52 am

 
Blogger Sigsy said...

LOL at the shadow story - I do that with a hangover and a plate glass window. Loads of mes just popping out of nowhere all over the place - scare the bejezuz out of me.

12:09 am

 
Blogger The Pixy Princess said...

*giggle* at least now I know who to look out for when I get to Japan!

1:22 am

 
Blogger J said...

You still look the same.

5:35 am

 
Blogger Jo said...

j - it's the alcohol, isn't it? a familiar picture people have of me - glass in hand!!

can't wait to share one or ten with you at xmas time!

10:47 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home