Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

The dental tooth, er truth, starts emerging...

I had one student define a dentist today, and she said: it's someone you go to when your teeth are bad. Now I get it. Prevention better than cure, and all that. Not. And no, I didn't start discussing teeth with her, we were defining different jobs.

My receptionist gave me two satsumas today. I was in heaven...... I adore satsumas and could eat millions. In Tokyo though, they're just too expensive for me. I generally 'treat' myself to one apple, one orange and one kiwi fruit a week, and a bunch of bananas if I'm being really generous. Madness.

I was getting my nine year old lads to tell me about their days today. I knew kids used to have to clean their own schools, but I had, for some reason, imagined it had stopped. It hasn't. After lunch, Japanese kids clean their schools. So, there you have it. Schools in Britain never have enough money: sack the caretaker and cleaners and get the kids rolling up their sleeves and scrubbing.

And one of my nine year olds has to clean the bath every night in his home, before having dinner... Is this normal anywhere else?

Todays cute dolphin story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4034383.stm - awww!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home