Random thoughts, comments, observations and general fluff from a random bint who left London at the end of September 2004 to embark on a new life and new adventures in Tokyo, land of the cute.... and is leaving mid-June 2010 - and counting!

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

One of the many reasons I want to change career

My Series Producer.

I got in at 09:00 today and she got in about an hour later. She didn't say a word to me until 13:45, even though she sits about five metres behind me. And this bearing in mind I'd been off work 'sick' last week too; but no, not even a half-arsed 'are you feeling better?'. When she did talk to me it was to demand some tapes that, and she hadn't known this, I'd sorted out for myself as I need to see them before the final edit to make sure everything is in place and accounted for and a bunch of other stuff. Her response to my telling her that I had copies was: What do YOU need them for?

What do I need them for? Well, why don't we wait until you're in the edit and flapping about not having all the information you need, and THEN you'll see what I needed them for. Oh and once she'd finished with them? She still didn't offer them over to me.

Conversation two: She emailed me the order the programmes are going out and I emailed back to confirm we would be getting the one first that I thought we'd be getting and that had been discussed all along. Her response: Why on earth would I think that?

Well, perhaps because you hadn't told me otherwise. On reflection, I had heard her tell someone else a few weeks ago, but there's no reason why I should have been listening to that as I wasn't part of the conversation.

Conversation three: There wasn't one. She didn't say goodbye either.

Luckily, her contract finishes very very soon so I'll be able to serve out the rest of my sentence, er contract, without her.

GAH!

------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, this is only one of the many reasons but I'm very impressed with my tongue holding ability. Whether that can continue awaits to be seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home